Wed 24th May saw the 9th annual Golden Apple Awards hosted by the Students' Union. 240 members of staff came together to celebrate great teaching, support and all round brilliant student focused performance.
The awards combined both the signing of the Time to Change Pledge, the Awards themselves and the theme of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainability is a strong theme both in the Union and the University. The Union won NUS Green Impact award last year and the University have just won the International Green Gown Award for their work around sustainability.
The awards themselves are voted for by students from across the university, showing their gratitude to staff who have been particularly influential within their time at CCCU. We received over 1000 nomination this year and a full list of all those nominated in 2018 is available here.
UNIfied media live streamed the event and all the winners and other interesting stats about the awards are available online. You can also see all the photos here.
We would like to thank all the staff who came along to the event and congratulate the runners up and winners.
- Student Lecturer - Rachel Taylor
- Professional Services Department - Augustine House Housekeeping Team
- University Support Staff - Jonathan Hall
- Commitment to Sustainability - Zulfi Ali
- Commitment to Expect Respect - Richard McManus
- Academic Support Staff - Lucy Hoople
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing - Kay Lake
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities - Jamie Stephens
- Faculty of Education - Anthony Clarke
- Faculty of Social & Applied Sciences - Amelia Hadfield
- Student Lecturer - Amy Clark and Carl Gower
- Professional Services Department - i-zone? and Grounds and Gardens
- University Support Staff - Silvina Pap Martin and Sophie Moores
- Commitment to Sustainability - Yoke Eng Tan and Richard McManus
- Commitment to Expect Respect - Laura Cashman and Anna Johnstone
- Academic Support Staff - Samantha Panayiotou and Matthew Orman
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing - Jan Jensen and Paul Lockwood
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities - Jonny Greatrex and Maria Diemling
- Faculty of Education - Mary Woolley and Hilary Welland
- Faculty of Social & Applied Sciences - Liz Spruin and Martin O'Neill
We look forward to next year and the 10 year anniversary of the event!
Some of the food for this year's event was supplied to us from Lily's Bistro. You can find them at 15 Palace Street in Canterbury. They are a family run cafe employing adults with learning difficulties and sourcing food from FareShare. A Charity which collects surplus food from shops and farms and distributes it to where it is needed. We are very happy to be supported by Lily's and the great work that they do.