Part-Time Union Council
Part-time Officers are essential for ensuring that all students have somebody to represent them in the main decision making groups with Christ Church Students’ Union (CCSU). Part-time Officer roles are voluntary, however are supported by CCSU staff and Sabbatical Officers to help deliver their aims and objectives throughout their term in office.
- Support CCSU priority campaigns.
- Ensure that work undertaken in the role is influenced by student needs and opinion from the demographic you represent
- Organise and execute campaigns alongside fellow Officers, raising awareness of issues affecting the students you represent.
- As a member of Union Council you have responsibility for, as part of the group, shaping CCSU and providing informed insight into the demographic you represent to make sure we are inclusive of all of our students.
- Utilising CCSU staff support, you should work to satisfy the needs of the students that have elected you, and represent their views. At times their needs or wants may conflict with others and part of the role is to negotiate on their behalf.
- Student body you have been elected from.
- Union Council Scrutiny Officers.
- Fantastic leadership experience.
- Employability skills to enhance your CV, including public speaking, campaign and project management, communication, and organisation.
- The knowledge that you are helping to make positive change for students!