Students’ Unions are amongst the most democratic membership organisations in the UK. Every one of them has its own structure for debating ideas and campaigns and making decisions. They’re run by students who are elected by students – and everyone can have their say. Find out more about Union Council.
Here at Christ Church SU, our highest democratic decision-making body is called Union Council and this is your chance to vote students into positions on it.
Here are the winners of the Union Council Elections for 2021/22.
- Union Council Chair - Benjamin D'Montigny
- Environmental Officer - Maximus Benjamin Bernard Clinch
- Mature Students Officer - Tony Brimmicombe
- Postgraduate Taught Students Officer - Anusree Vijayakumar
- Student Parents and Carers’ Officer - Francis Booker
- Women’s Officer - Megan Ann Foxen-Freeman
- Postgraduate Research Students' Officer - Amy Bromley
Thank you to everyone who took part and stood for a position or voted.
Where student-led societies/networks exist to represent students based on their shared demographic, those societies/networks are invited to co-opt their elected leaders onto the Union Council to represent the interests of students for those specific demographic groups. Therefore bringing those specific student-led societies/networks closer to the Union Council. This ensures that the positions are elected, through the relevant student-led societies/network, which will in turn ensure that mandates coming from Union Council will have a strong student-led society/network to push forward agendas and ideas to create a stronger, more powerful student voice.
- LGBT+ Officer -
- LGBT+ Women's Officer -
- Trans/Non-Binary Student's Officer -
- Disabled Student's Officer -
We had several posts without candidates in these elections and will be advertising how these positions will be filled in the near future.
Please login to see all the options available to you.