CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES QUALITY SUB-COMMITTEE
Deriving its authority from the Education and the Student Experience Committee of Academic Board, the Professional Services Quality Sub-Committee shall have operational oversight of the outcomes of the University’s quality assurance and monitoring processes as they relate to Professional Service departments, and shall:
1) Maintain oversight of:
- the principles underpinning the design and implementation of professional service department Service Level Statements / Agreements (SLA/S)
- the outcomes of Annual Departmental Reviews of professional service departments and associated actions
- the outcomes of the Periodic Departmental Reviews where these identify recommendations for professional service departments other than those being reviewed.
2) Provide a forum:
- for the consideration of the role of professional service departments in enhancing the student experience
- to encourage the integration of the work of professional service departments in supporting academic and student-facing activities
- to add value through a focus on continued improvement, innovation and best practice within the sector.
3) Scrutinise the Summary Report on the Annual Departmental Review of professional services prior to its submission to the Quality Monitoring and Review Sub-Committee to ensure that actions are clearly identified, allocated and given an appropriate timescale for completion.