Treasure House Society is a faith based society with a primary aim to bring out the best in students. We have taken time to speak with a great number of our colleagues and have established a real need for this society and the services we offer. There are many non-academic and even academic challenges students are dealing with that are stressing them out. This has resulted in students underperforming at the lowest level. Many students have thus indicated that they will greatly benefit from a faith-based, relaxing and supportive platform such as the Treasure House Society.
We believe that students are filled with an abundance of gifts and abilities implanted on their inside. We are passionate about supporting everyone to unlock these great potentials. The Treasure House Society aims to raise people of character, academic excellence and confidence to take responsibility of their lives. This noble objective will give a new definition to the way most students are perceived both by themselves and outsiders. It will result in the emergence of well-polished and vibrant individuals of relevance with a sense of direction to live a maximised life and be of use for the betterment of others in the world. It is about giving and widening opportunities and options for students to participate in extracurricular activities that will add great values to their lives.
To support students to reach their maximum potentials through faith- based capacity building. We hope to support students to reduce phobia for failure and live such virtuous lives that will benefit themselves and the society.
In fulfilling this vision the Treasure House Society aims to undertake the following objectives:
1. Supporting the students to bring out the treasures in them
2. Creating a platform for social interaction, networking and integration among students from various backgrounds.
3. Helping to meet the faith-based and spiritual needs of students
4. Promoting the Christian values of love and altruism as some of the key ways of making the world a better place
5. Motivating students towards self-efficacy and resilience in their academic pursuit
6. Promoting charity causes within the university
7. Giving the students the opportunity to relax, reduce stress and rejuvenate
1. Interactive sessions and short seminars that will result in a lasting change in their lives.
2. Using the bible based principles as a tool to encourage and motivate students to achieve their desired change or results in our meetings.
3. Providing focus group discussion sessions on problem solving.
4. Welcoming and supporting new students to settle in for their studies and knowing their way in the new environment
5. Mentoring students to provide support and encouragement in order to improve and maximise potentials.
6. Carrying out charitable activities after such have been approved by the University.
Thanks for your interest in this membership, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
So you can enjoy the full benefits of membership your name, university username, email, and membership status may be shared with the elected committee of this group, the University, and any relevant or affiliated parties such as British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS), other national governing bodies, and Distinctive Bars. This is to ensure an excellent experience and fulfil our contractual obligations as part of this purchase.
By continuing with this membership purchase you agree to Christ Church Students’ Union sharing your data in this way. If you have questions on how your data will be used, see our Data Protection information.
Through purchasing your membership you confirm that you have no pre-existing medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that will prevent you from fully participating in the outlined physical activity. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, illnesses or injuries you will notify the Opportunities Manager prior to purchasing the membership.
You will also seek medical advice to ensure that it is safe for you to participate, the outcome of which you will feed back to the Opportunities Manager. This will not only ensure that it is safe for you to participate in the activity but will also ensure that you will be covered by the Students’ Union insurance. Should your circumstances change during the course of the academic year, following the purchase of your membership, you will inform the Opportunities Manager immediately.