Clubs and Societies Committee By-Elections
Every society and sports club at Christ Church is run by a committee of elected students. In May we elected the majority of the committees and this by-election is to elect for any vacant positions.
Please login to see all the options available to you.
Only those current members allowed to take part. The successful candidates will help run the club/society for the academic year.
Members can only run for one 'core position' within each individual club/society they are a member (President / Vice-President / Treasurer / Wellbeing). There is no restriction on secondary positions, which can also be held in addition to core positions.
Please ensure you are logged in to take part and see if there are any vacant positions at your club or society.
Nominations are open from Friday, 13th October, 10am until Friday, 20th October, 12pm .
You need to be logged into the website and a member of a student group to see the nominations. To nominate yourself for a role, you have to be a member of a society/sports club committee.
Voting is open from Tuesday, 24th October, 10am until Tuesday, 31st October, 10am .
You need to be logged into the website and a member of a student group to vote.
The core positions at both clubs and societies have the same initial brief and are supplemented by various non-core positions such as Social Secretary.
- Be responsible for the leadership and general day-to-day running of the Club/Society, including but not limited to calling regular meetings;
- Be entitled to represent the Club/Society at all times in matters affecting its interests, including but not limited to communicating with relevant organisations; and
- Be entitled to take the Chair at all meetings of the Club/Society at which they are present.
- Be responsible for supporting the President, and deputising where appropriate;
- Be responsible for assisting the President in the calling of any and all meetings, including informing the Members;
- Be responsible for the preparation of agendas for such meetings; and
- Be responsible for the keeping and preparing of minutes in respect of such meetings and their timely provision to Members.
- Be responsible for the finances of the Club/Society and accountable in respect of those finances to all Members of the Club/Society and to the President; and
- Prepare reports and estimates of expenditure and income, at such times as such reports shall be required by the President or the Committee.
- Further and advocate the wellbeing of students, individually and collectively, whilst enhancing student involvement in the Club/Society.
- Work alongside fellow Club/Society members to ensure a positive and inclusive environment.
- Ensure the club does not tolerate any form of discrimination, and champion the Expect Respect agenda.
- Signpost students who are struggling with their wellbeing; and
- Be actively involved in the Union’s wellbeing campaigns.
If you want to run for a position or vote in the elections but are currently listed as ineligible then please contact email@example.com who can look into this further. Please let us know the name of the election as well as your username e.g. ab123.