We're looking for amazing students to help us out during Freshers' 2019. Sign-up for our Welcome Crew!
Welcome Crew help new students arrive, move into University accommodation, and most importantly, feel reassured and settled on their first day at Christ Church. This is a really rewarding role, but to make it even more rewarding we will be paying the Living Wage for your time, after registration via UniTemps.
This year we are looking for up to 40 student saff members for Canterbury, helping students to move in on Saturday 14th September. You will need to be available for the short training session on Friday 13th September. We will let you know details of this nearer the time.
What does the role involve?
- Help students move in and help settle them into their new accommodation.
- Make them feel more relaxed about moving in, for many of them this is the first time they have been away from home.
- Answer any specific questions students may have about university life, accommodation, support services or any other various questions they may have.
- Promote the events and the range of activities happening during Freshers’ Week.
- Help freshers’ to get to events by picking them up at University accomodation.
- Attend some Freshers’ events.
- Help to signpost those students who may need the University support and wellbeing services.
- You can help with all, or just with some of the activities, depending on your interests and schedule
What is in it for you?
- You get paid!
- A free Welcome Crew T-Shirt (very sought-after!)
- An opportunity to develop and use your teamwork, time management, communication, guiding and problem solving skills. This will be great on your CV.
- Validated volunteering hours (log your hours here)
- That warm, fuzzy glow that you get when you’ve made a positive difference to others.
If you loving meeting people and having fun, this could be perfect for you! The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 2nd September 2019. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or application then please email email@example.com.
What are you waiting for? Get involved in Welcome Crew now!