I wish to make a formal complaint, what should I do?

The University complaints procedure can be found here it outlines the process for making a formal complaint. In the first instance it is always best to try and resolve issues informally. Have a meeting with the member of staff in question and speak to them about the issue and see if it can be resolved informally. You may wish to meet with your Programme Director or Personal Tutor to discuss the issue as well. If you feel that you have tried to resolve the issue informally but that meetings you have had have not satisfied you with a response then you can initiate a formal complaint in writing to the University, this should usually be done within 20 working days of the incident occuring. When writing to the University you should complete the Formal Complaints Form and send it with appropriate supporting evidence to

If you would like to make a report about a student or staff member and thier behaviour towards you, you can do this via the Report and Support process

For any advice please feel free to contact the Students’ Union Advice Caseworker

“As a Students’ Union Advice Centre we offer advice in good faith, based on knowledge, experience and the best information available to us. Students who seek our help must take responsibility for their own decisions based on the advice we give.”

Are you on the right complaints page? If you have complaints/feedback about the Union please click here.












National Express Advert
Get Into Teaching